Now everyone is getting over their colds. Cop Dad has to work today and tomorrow, he was held til 3am last night and has court today on top of it. Blagh! We will see very little of Daddy today. We will have one extra Christmas this year at his moms (not too happy about that, seeing as though we cancelled with everyone else cause it's just way too much). Typically Cop Dad works loads of side jobs in November and December for Christmas money. This year we had Little Munchkin during that moneymaking time so Cop Dad was at home with us and the extra $$ does not exist. Another reason I am so glad we are staying at home this year. How could I have gone out and bought for everyone anyway? Seriously. Maybe if I bottle fed but even then, my job is at home taking care of my toddler and newborn. Next year should be a completely different story.
So this year, we are staying in. Then Cop Dad will not be around. Roads are glass coated so we are staying IN. I got all of Little Buddy's gifts wrapped and ready to go. I am making cookies from store bought dough, GACK!, but that's OK cause we are leaving them for Santa and it makes Little Buddy happy.
I am happy to have a beautiful, healthy, baby daughter. I have my Little Buddy to keep me company through it all. My little pal, my friend. I love this boy. My husband has a good job and LOTS of job security (three chases in 2 days, one was like right out of the COPS show). Thank you criminals and scumbags of the world for giving my husband job security and keeping him from getting bored and providing a paycheck so we can survive. We have a home and food and are warm and relatively healthy.

3 comments:
Happy Holidays to you as well! What a pretty scene to wake up to, which is similar to what we found on our trees, only in the form of frost, so everything looks like it's been dusted by powdered sugar.
I think that you have the true focus and meaning of Christmas strong in your life right now because you're keeping it simple and focused on home.
Merry Christmas and thanks for the baby congrats!
Good to hear you're getting over your colds! It's never fun to be sick during the holidays!
Sorry But anything below 70 is too cold for this Texas Boy. Hope y'all keep warm up there!
Post a Comment